Shattering the Misconceptions of Faithfullness


My name is Vanta Greenwood, I am 55 years old, a Christian, a wife, a mother of 3 grown children and a Nana to 6 grand children. I have an interesting extended family which will take many different entries to unfold. My life has had its ups and downs but the hand of God has always been in control of my YO-YO!

I live in Cookeville, TN, which if you are unfamiliar with the location, is a beautiful area in the middle of Tennessee. It is home to Tennessee Technological University and the County Seat of Putnam County.

GREETINGS and welcome to my blog. I hope to create a place where anyone can read what I write and reply with what they feel and believe with out feeling judged. The free exchange of ideas is how we can learn and develop.

I think the first introduction should be one that will cause others to think and reflect. As I stated in the beginning I am 55 and a Christian. Does that immediately give someone an idea of what they think of me. Do you get a mental picture of what I might look like or what I might act like. If so I hope to shatter those misconceptions through the things I write and the eventual conversations I look to have with those that will follow my blog. 

First and foremost as a Christian I want to honor my Lord and Savior with my life and my endeavors. I would pray for my life to be a testimony. This may be the first way that I feel people get the wrong impression. They look for a Christian to be screaming how many blessings the Lord gave them. Saying look...I gave my life to Christ and He gave me this...or I gave my life to Christ and He put me in this position. Well I am here to testify at times that may be, however, many more times it is the quiet  strength that Christ instills in His believers to endure the suffering. 

When you see a person who has endured repeated hardship and continues to endure with a calm confidence, what do you think?  I know from my experience, that God has imparted to them a strength to forge the fire. We overlook the tools that are required to conquer the obstacles of life. Sometimes those tools are inward tools, such as emotional strength and mental toughness, however at times...those tools are the tools of an idea to do or to act. 

Think of Noah...would you...go out today and following the word of God build an Ark? One of the magnitude to hold all that it required? If you were to find out that your neighbor was working on a project and he told you that God was directing him, would you tell everyone he was crazy? This tool that God may give someone, would you look upon as a blessing? 

Feedback?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindset...Christ....Mindset...Self